Documents that may show you have sole legal authority to request a passport for your child include:
- Certified copy of the child’s birth certificate listing you as the only parent
- Certified copy of an adoption decree listing you as the only parent
- Certified copy of the death certificate of the non-applying parent
- Certified copy of a judicial declaration of incompetence of the non-applying parent
- Complete court order granting you sole legal custody or specifically permitting you to apply for the child’s passport.
- A copy of Georgia Statute, OCGA 19-7-25 – sole custody to unwed mother.
Tips for applying for a child’s passport without consent