A modification of custody must be based on a substantial change of circumstances. This change must have taken place after the last order was entered. When can I file for a modification of custody?
When can I file a modification of custody in Gwinnett County?
- You have not filed for modification within the past two years; and
- No other state has continuing jurisdiction of custody; and
- The child has been a resident of Gwinnett County for the past six months; and
- The other party lives in Gwinnett County, in another state; or
- The other party’s last known address was in Gwinnett County, but you cannot locate his or her current address.
Modification of Out-of-State Custody Order
I want to modify a custody order which was entered in another state.
Contempt and Modification of Out-of-State Child Custody Order(Only Against a Gwinnett County Resident)
I want to ask for contempt of a custody order which was entered in another state. The other parent and I live in Gwinnett County and our child has been a Georgia resident for 6 months or longer. I am also asking to change the custody order.