Providing information and resources for self-representation

Uncontested Divorce without minor children

Where can we notarize the documents?

There is a free notary at the information desk at the front of the Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center.

Do my spouse and I have to be together to sign the forms at the same time?

No. You can each sign the documents at your own convenience. However, you should keep a copy of everything you signed, and initial every page you sign before giving the original documents to your spouse.

Do we still have to go to court even though we agree?

Most judges will still require your attendance at the final hearing. Only the Plaintiff is required to be there. If you miss your hearing date, your case will be dismissed.

 What forms do I file?

Divorce without children–UNCONTESTED


What if I cannot afford the filing fee?

Complete and submit the  Affidavit of Indigence and Eligibility to Proceed In Forma Pauperis.  A judge will decide whether or not you have to pay the filing fee.

Instructions for voluntary Acknowledgement of Service